Wednesday, 2 March 2016
Efficient Carpet Cleaning Methods For Home
There are various ways to clean a carpet, and knowing what these methods are can help you take care of whatever carpets you may have in your home or in your office. These methods include:
- Stain Removal
- Vacuum Wash
- Dry Foam Carpet Cleaning
- Shampoo Cleaning
Each of these methods are designed to remove dirt stains from your carpet's surface. They also use different tools and techniques to remove said dirt stains. Knowing how each of these carpet cleaning methods work and they are different from each other can be tremendously beneficial to anyone who frequently has to worry about dirty carpets. So if you're interested to know more about carpet cleaning methods then here's what you need to know.
Stain removal is a carpet cleaning technique that involves spraying heated water at a carpet to clean its surface. The hot water causes dirt particles on the carpet's surface to dissolve and weaken, making them easier to remove. Once the spraying phase is over, the hot water is then vacuumed up to remove all the dirt and grime on the carpet's surface.
The benefits of the stain removal method include:
- It is a very effective way of removing dirt off of your carpet.
- It is one of the most popular services offered by professional carpet cleaners.
- The hotter the water sprayed on the carpet is, the more dirt it removes.
- The stain removal method will not harm your carpet's fibers.
- It is a relatively fast process, though drying and rinsing may take some time.
The vacuum wash method uses a washhead to spray water onto the surface of a carpet and then removing that moisture by creating a swirl of water through suction. This process can effectively remove dirt from your carpet by a depth of around half and inch, and is best used on slightly or moderately dirty carpets. So not only can it clean your carpet's surface, it can also clean the fibers underneath.
The benefits of vacuum washing include:
- It has offers efficient cleaning performance.
- It thoroughly removes dirt particles from your carpet's surface and some underneath the surface.
- It reduces the amount of time needed to dry your carpet.
- Vacuum washing does not require any cleaning products, which means that you won't have to worry about detergent residue.
Dry Foam Carpet Cleaning
Dry foam cleaning is a carpet cleaning method that applies a special cleaning foam onto the surface of a carpet and then vacuuming it off. The foam is mostly made of air, but it also has a little liquid cleaning agent. Once applied onto the surface of a carpet, the foam will trap all of the dirt on the fabrics, effectively cleaning it. Afterwards, a vacuum is used to remove all of the foam from the carpet.
Dry foam cleaning is often used on carpets with sensitive fabrics. They are also used on carpets which inhibit water extraction as well as carpets made from water sensitive materials.
The main benefits of dry foam carpet cleaning include:
- It's a great method for cleaning old and water sensitive carpets.
- The dry foam will not harm your carpet's fabrics.
- This method is also one of the most efficient ways to clean a carpet.
- You won't have to dry your carpet for a long time.
Shampoo cleaning is a wet carpet cleaning method that involves the use of rotary machines and wet vacuuming. What happens here is that the shampoo is applied using a spin brush to loosen any dirt on your carpet. and afterwards, it is extracted it using a vacuum. After the washing and extraction process is finished, the carpet is left out to dry for about 24 hours.
The weakness of this method is that it tends to create wet shampoo residues. If no rinsing or vacuuming follows the washing process then the shampoo residue will cause the carpet to absorb a lot of dirt, which then undermines the whole point of carpet cleaning in the first place. Fortunately, newer shampoos used for this kind of method leave fewer residues, which makes them more useful for carpet cleaning.
The main benefits of shampoo cleaning include:
- It thoroughly washes your carpets.
- It can eliminate unusual smells.
- The wet vacuuming phase can remove a lot of dirt from your carpet.
Encapsulation uses special polymers to encapsulate (or crystallise) soil particles in your carpet to turn them into dry residue. This process not only makes the soil particles in a carpet easier to remove, it also results in thoroughly cleaned fabrics. This is because the encapsulating polymers bind the soil and detergent particles into a crystal-like structures, which are more easily removed using a vacuum.
It's also worth mentioning that encapsulation involves the use of rotary machines, brush applicators as well as compression sprayers. Each of these devices are used for different phases of the washing process, but they are all designed to ensure that your carpet gets the thorough washing it needs.
Other useful benefits of Encapsulation carpet cleaning include:
- It reduces your carpet's fiber affinity for soil particles.
- It improves the appearance of your carpet's fibers.
- This process can help protect your carpet from dust and dirt particles within a certain period of time after washing.
- It is very useful for carpets that see a lot of traffic
- Encapsulation rarely leaves behind wet residue.
Each of the carpet cleaning methods mentioned here are designed to clean your carpet in different ways. Each methods has varying levels of effectiveness as well as different features and costs.
Most professional cleaning companies offer most of the processes mentioned here as well as a few more experimental techniques and methods. Whichever method you wish to get for your carpet, however, it's important to get one that conforms to your carpet's fibers and cleaning requirements.
So if you need to have your carpet cleaned then the items mentioned above are your main options. Consider their features carefully, and choose the one that is most suitable for your carpets.